Monday, March 16, 2009

It's 2009 & we've immediately jumped into this "Blog" thing

Who is Dr. Tackleberry?

Dr. Tackleberry was born out of a common name used in America today. Not Dr. Tackleberry the name itself, because I don't know anyone named Dr. Tackleberry. But my own given name is apparently so common that I can't use it for a Gmail account, IM account, Yahoo account, or any other web based system. You know at the beginning of a web based system when it says "easy set up, you'll be blogging in minutes!"? Well that didn't work for me so I had to invent a name. I don't like the "suggestions" for user names that computer systems come up with.

"Tackleberry" was a character in the Police Academy movies. I have a police back ground and I enjoy watching a ficticious character like Tackleberry do the things that he does.

"Dr."? Tackleberry is no doctor to be sure. First see paragraph one above. Secondly I live in Maryland (MD) & I get a kick out of people who see my name and address and think I'm a doctor. Read it again people, read it again. Ever see a doctor with a zip code after his name?

Anyway, a blogging we will go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment